- Staying Connected: Understanding How Communication Affects Your Customer Service
- Paperless Records Versus Electronic Medical Records: What’s Your Take?
- Geotube Technological Innovation Can Save The Great Barrier Reef
- The Year Of Flash: 2014 Predictions
- Will The Cloud Ever Be Truly Private?
- Choosing Between A Virtual Private Server or The Cloud
- No More Slowdowns: The Benefits Of Load Balancing
- Why Upgrade To Block Storage?
- Cloud and Web Hosting Services In One
- How Is Technology Helping Teachers In The Classroom?
7 Critical Mistakes Businesses Make When They Relocate
Many companies dread the thought of moving. They often try to put it off as long as possible, waiting to see how long they can get by squeezed into an inadequate space. There is no reason to do this. Moving doesn’t have to be quite the ordeal many business owners think it is. In order to make sure your company’s move goes as smoothly as possible, you must look out for mistakes that could derail you. Here is a look at seven of the most critical mistakes businesses make when they move.
1. Failing to Plan Carefully
If you want to make your company’s move go off without a hitch, then you need to make sure you put in adequate planning. If you try to pull off a big company move willy-nilly, you will surely end up losing things along the way. You will make the move happen a lot more quickly and smoothly when you take the time to do the proper planning.
2. Failing to Crete a Checklist
While you are doing the planning for your move, you need to take the time to write down a checklist of things that need to happen step-by-step during the moving process. When you have this checklist in front of you, it will make you much calmer when you are moving. It will also ensure that you don’t forget to do anything important.
3. Failing to Hire a Professional Moving Company
This is one of the most critical steps in the moving process. Professional server movers will ensure that things like server racks and other important and sensitive equipment arrives at your new building safe and secure. If anything gets lost or damaged, their insurance will pay the cost to replace it.
4. Not Labeling Boxes Properly
One of the keys to ensure that getting set up quickly in your new location occurs is to label all the boxes properly. Make sure to place a label on each box both on the top and each side. This will ensure that it doesn’t take long to figure out where the boxes need to go when you arrive at the new spot.
5. Trying to Do It in One Day
This may be possible if you have a very small office, but even then it will stress you out in the worst way. Plan to have your business closed for at least a couple of days when you move. You should give yourself enough time to accomplish the move without putting undue stress on yourself or your employees. Rushing the move is a good way to ensure something goes wrong. Take your time and do it right.
6. Not Scouting out the New Location Fully
You need to make sure that you know where everything will go in the new location before you arrive. If you do not have this figured out fully beforehand, it will leave you with a real mess on your hands.
7. Not Doing a Final Walkthrough of Your Old Location
It is also crucial to make sure you do a final walkthrough of your old location to avoid leaving anything important behind. This does not take long, and it could save you from losing something valuable.
When you avoid these seven mistakes, your move will go smoothly. You will be set up and ready to go in your new digs before you know it. Just remember to breathe and take it easy while you are moving. The move will be a lot less stressful that way.