- Staying Connected: Understanding How Communication Affects Your Customer Service
- Paperless Records Versus Electronic Medical Records: What’s Your Take?
- Geotube Technological Innovation Can Save The Great Barrier Reef
- The Year Of Flash: 2014 Predictions
- Will The Cloud Ever Be Truly Private?
- Choosing Between A Virtual Private Server or The Cloud
- No More Slowdowns: The Benefits Of Load Balancing
- Why Upgrade To Block Storage?
- Cloud and Web Hosting Services In One
- How Is Technology Helping Teachers In The Classroom?
Cloud and Web Hosting Services In One
Although web hosting and cloud computing have typically been classified into two different categories, they’re gradually merging into one. Web hosting traditionally refers to entities that provide server space for a fee so that individuals or companies can make a website accessible on the Internet. Many web hosts have the capability of providing database support and even application development platforms.
Cloud computing, on the other hand, encompasses not only web services, but also additional server hardware in a network environment that’s located in a remote data center and shared by multiple users. Cloud computing is often a robust, full-scale IT solution for small or enterprise-level businesses, with options for scalability, flexibility, and cost savings. In its entirety, it consists of Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS).
Today a vast number of companies offer Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting as an extension to their web hosting services. The ultimate solution for businesses is resolved in the type of hosting services they require. With more and more companies providing managed hosted services, the opportunities for small businesses are increasing at a phenomenal rate.
What to Expect
In selecting a cloud and web hosting provider in one, keep in mind the needs of every business varies. Managers should expect some key features to receive for their hosting fee:
· A selection of VPS packages to choose from
· Access to servers for software installs and upgrades
· Real-time, high-level security
· Accurate, reliable and highly available data
· Shared data storage, backup, and recovery
· Scalable, flexible options for company provisioning
Although many cloud and web hosting providers include dozen of features based on the needs of small- or medium-sized businesses, managers should review some Internet resources and compare companies to find the right solution. Many companies are relying on strategic cloud and web hosting providers that offer targeted business solutions. For example, an e-commerce business might look into locating a Magento hosting provider, while a semiconductor company would be more suited to finding a cloud and web hosting service.
Strengths in Hosted Solutions
The strengths in hosted solutions for businesses are beginning to outnumber those of dedicated, on-premise infrastructure, staff, and equipment. Here are a few of those strengths:
· Anywhere, anytime access
· Cost savings on expensive equipment, maintenance, and support
· Reduced staff needed to support IT infrastructure
· Fast and reliable computing
· Easy-to-access, easy-to-manage platforms, software upgrades, and more
· Mobile-ready environment
Hosted solutions are well suited for small- and medium-sized businesses, and companies are seeing positive results. Although data security is an ongoing challenge, service providers are well aware of the issues and are continually working to provide best practices for high-level data security.
It is a great time for online businesses, with vast options for cloud and web hosting services that are changing and improving every day to accommodate new entrepreneurs. When the right solutions align with business needs, positive results are not only possible, but they are probable. The Internet is an amazing source for selecting the right hosting solution for every business.